Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Assistant Manager of Shipping/Logistics will lead the Conveyance & Logistics Coordinators and oversees all activities regarding logistics within Vuteq. They ensure the most efficient and safe methods are used from the receipt of goods, storage, and movement of raw material to the shipment of finished goods to our valued customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that safety is the top priority with all mobile equipment operators
- Enforce legislated and company-specific safety policies
- Develop creative solutions to minimize mobile equipment and human interface
- Support coordinators in conducting investigations when safety incidents arise
- Develop solutions to standardize material handling routes
- In non-standard route areas, work to improve material handling and minimize waste
- Research new technology to implement as a method to convey supplies/finished good throughout facilities
- Work closely with process development team to improve plant layouts
- Identify current inefficiencies and standardize throughout facilities
- Ensure FIFO is followed
- Responsible for identifying adequate space in warehouse and on shipping docks; if there are concerns, work with process development team to identify solution
- Standardize driving methods and procedures for mobile equipment
- Develop uniform loading/unloading procedures for trucks/trailers
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities related to all movement and handling of materials within the organization, and standardizing procedures within multiple plant locations
- Work with process development in designing consistent material handling carts/trailers/tongues/hitches
- Issue resolution; organize action plans and take corrective action when needed
- Coaching/advising; assist team members with decision-making when necessary
- Support training activity with new team members
- Resolve any escalated issues, with support of Production Control Manager
- Support with vacant/absent positions, as required
- Support team member relations activity; help to resolve inter-departmental conflict, issuing discipline when necessary
- Successful completion of a minimum two-year operations management diploma
- Management certification
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum 10 years of logistics/shipping experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from customers as well as fellow team members
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with all team members and management
- Actively listening to customers and team members about concerns or issues that may arise
- Ability to manage a small group of professionals towards a shared goal
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.