Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The IT - Programming Specialist creates custom applications as requested by Vuteq to assist with the improvement of daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design and creation of databases, forms, web pages, and scripts to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and awareness of IT information within organization identifying the requestor’s pain points and areas for improvement
- Introduce/alter processes and identify target information to accomplish the desired end result
- Developing custom applications; programming, database mapping, data collection (what is the problem, where to pull info to solve the problem)
- Maintaining customer applications; adding functionality/capabilities, repairs, updates, altering, re-engineering work practices and processes to assist Vuteq in capitalizing on its strengths
- Monitoring Vuteq servers and IT solutions, ensuring they are running properly
- SQL Server Administration; creating databases and tables, optimizing stored procedures, and increasing efficiency
- Ticket handling; Secondary response ticket intake(Phone/email), ensure ticket documentation is maintained, and responses are completed in a timely manner
- Secondary Help desk support; physical PC/desk phone/cellphone/printer support, such as configuring laptops, desktops, network password resets, user-based application support, installing applications, deploying replacement components and peripherals, and configuring mobile devices and tablets
- Miscellaneous Server administration as skill set allows, including but not limited to, email administration, AS/400 system support, file server and print server maintenance, active directory management, switch configuration, and supporting backup solutions
- Perform “On-Call” support as part of a rotational support structure providing support to all critical production IT solutions 24/7 during assigned “On-Call” periods, following the escalation process when necessary
- Successful completion of a 2-3 year Computer Science diploma from a College
- Training in Python, C#.NET/VB.NET, SQL, ASP.NET
- 2 years of programming experience
- Administrative Skills for Linux and Windows Server Based Environments
- Networking experience is considered an asset
- Help desk experience is considered an asset
- Experience in the automotive industry would be considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Actively listening to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise due to software/hardware failures; listen to needs of the team member and develop solutions to the issues
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving; develop solutions to a variety of issues
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with team members to derive problems and determine needs
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from team members when software failure happens
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation when developing software systems
- Sense of creativity when developing new software to deal with multiple types of issues from team members
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.