Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Maintenance Engineering Coordinator develops machinery and equipment in collaboration with the New Programs, VPD, Engineering and Production departments. Manage equipment from concept through implementation including quoting, approvals, development, testing, installation, implementation and continuing support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage new assembly equipment for production; this individual is responsible for managing all parts of new equipment, from conception to after installation
- Develop equipment for manual, automated, and sequential assembly, quality checks, painting, conveyance, material removal, and plastics
- Create concept designs for equipment to meet production requirements and be able to accurately describe or show them to builders or integrators
- Accurately develop, review, and select quotes for new equipment and modifying existing equipment utilizing RFQ and machine equipment standards
- Manage project timelines and budgets to meet tight deadlines
- Perform cost analysis on new equipment or modifying existing equipment
- Coordinate external supplier and equipment procurement with internal production and quality testing needs
- Have a strong understanding of different assembly methods in order to select/produce the best and correct equipment for the task, as well as convey operations to maintenance and production staff
- Travel to suppliers to evaluate capabilities and equipment throughout the launch process
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives for existing equipment and processes throughout the plant
- Collect and maintain documentation of equipment reviews, drawings, spare parts, PM schedules, safety information, and timelines
- Continuously improve equipment purchasing initiatives and equipment guideline documentation
- Perform research and development on new production and assembly methods
- Successful completion of a three-year engineering Diploma (Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechatronics considered relevant)
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Skilled with Solidworks, AutoCAD, Excel
- Mechanical, electrical, and PLC program design skills for assembly automation
- Project manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team member issues
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Ability to read, understand and follow Canadian and International safety and design standards
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex design documents
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.