Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Senior Purchaser is responsible for controlling costs, negotiating contracts, contract management, building supplier relationships for the requirements and specification of parts/materials required by our customers. This individual also supports the Purchasing Manager in leading activities for the department goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating purchasing strategy documents for assigned commodities and support overall purchasing strategy
- Setting and achieving yearly cost reduction targets
- Total cost analysis
- Report weekly in team meetings regarding progress of targets and goals
- Lead weekly team meetings, follow up with team targets and activities
- Request for quote (RFQ) activities; create RFQs, send to suppliers, compare cost, provide feedback, issue business award ringisho and letter of intent
- Negotiating; negotiate with suppliers to obtain best cost or improved service, work with suppliers to change their processes, benchmarking, and analysis
- Building supplier relationships; quarterly meetings to review performance and cost reduction ideas, supplier site visits to ensure compliance and capability related to cost.
- Issue purchase orders (POs) in AS400; set up new suppliers, create blanket purchase orders, create standard POs, maintain cost files
- Project management; take lead on projects as assigned by manager, provide purchasing support to engineering and production areas
- Must be able to understand the required specifications from customers by reviewing drawings (internal and external customers)
- Support Purchasing Coordinators (Commodity/MRO) with sourcing recommendations
- Develop and maintain purchasing procedures and policies
- Coach and train Purchasing Coordinators (Canada and other Vuteq facilities)
- Ensure purchasing team follows work standard, review work outputs, and guide them to provide best value for the company
- Follow up with project schedules with purchasing team
- Support Purchasing Manager with target activities for team members (VA/VE activities)
- Successful completion of a 2 - 3 year college diploma in Purchasing Materials Management/Supply Chain Operations/Business Program Equity or equivalent Business Program
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) designation considered an asset
- 3 - 5 years of purchasing experience
- 2 - 3 years of program management experience
- 1 - 2 years of external customer service experience
- 1 - 2 years of automotive experience
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from customers as well as fellow team members
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with all team members and management
- Actively listening to customers and team members about concerns or issues that may arise
- Ability to manage a small group of professionals towards a shared goal
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.