Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Process Engineer improves overall efficiency, quality, productivity, and cost of existing Vuteq processes, as well as the launch of new processes using APQP, and Vuteq VPD standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Program launches; support New Projects with creation and implementation of new processes
- Through analyzing part drawings sent from customer, design rough processes that meet the requirements from the customers
- In working with Maintenance Engineer, liaise with vendors to determine part specifications to establish equipment requirements
- Create RFQ and send out for quotes; create a cost analysis
- Set up equipment and test functionality to ensure it meets customer requirements
- Integrate new equipment into current plant layout; create cell layout and plant layout (if required)
- Support with FMEA creation and development, control plan, and standardized work charts
- Determine manpower requirements once process has been established
- Lead trial builds before production commences, from first stages to high-volume production trials
- Oversee time trial activity to enhance production efficiency
- Support continuous improvement activity
- Ensure all processes are in working order and meet safety and quality standards, reducing scrap and safety incidents, and reducing downtime
- Identify inefficiencies in processes, and implement improvements
- Successful completion of a 2 – 4 year Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering diploma/degree from a College/University
- 1-2 years of high volume manufacturing experience
- 1-2 years of Lean Manufacturing Principles experience
- Experience using 3D and 2D CAD softwares
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team members
- Actively listening regarding concerns or issues that arise
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak to large crowds
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to communicate in a second language would be considered an asset (Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.