Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Quality Engineer must work to develop new and existing quality systems, and work towards root cause and corrective action implementation. This will be achieved through internal and external audits, and by tracking internal and external quality issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and submit production part approval process documentation (PPAP)
- Responsible for complete measurement of parts and reviewing with suppliers and customers
- Accountable to original equipment manufacturers (OEM)/customers; must respond to their requests for visits, document updates, audits, etc.
- Must be capable of and confident with making judgement calls, both cosmetic and dimensional, during the part verification process, including colour judgement
- Must review with supplier/internal customers, if necessary
- Responsible for responding to quality issues
- Support 5P validation process with various departments through discussion with suppliers and customers
- Coordinate necessary changes after 5Ps are closed out, and complete any compulsory paper/administrative work
- Develop and maintain quality standards through keeping up-to-date standardized work chart (SWC) changes
- Create inspection standards, review data, and make necessary changes including PFMEA, MQC, CP
- Review advanced product quality planning (APQP) and PPAP schedules
- Identify critical items and follow up as needed as per customer inspection standards and DWIs
- Participate in any/all required meetings; root cause, 5P, PFS, internal/cross-functional, etc.
- Review customer websites for updates and suggest any mandatory training (SKDI, TS.com, GM Supply Power)
- Complete all necessary documentation, including warranty claims, changes to PFMEA and control plans, etc.
- Schedule Follow up meetings with suppliers to support improvement initiatives.
- Supplier audits; on site audit at the suppliers, review corrective actions, perform sourcing audits, follow up for improvements, work on support and level up of suppliers that require support
- Must have a solid understanding of audit principles, procedures, and methods, and be able to apply those in order to execute an audit effectively.
- Successful completion of a 2 – 3 year diploma program in Quality Engineering from a college
- American Society For Quality (ASQ) certificate
- Certified Quality Professional
- Successful completion of Second Party Auditor Training
- 5 years of quality experience in the Automotive industry
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with GD&T
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with problem solving/root cause analysis
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with Tier 1/OEM automotive manufacturing experience
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team member issues
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Ability to travel
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.