Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
We are currently looking for a Electrician Apprentice, or a Fully Certified Electrician to join our team, working the weekday or weekend shift.The successful candidate will work Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7am - 7pm, totaling 36 hours, but will be paid for 40 hours.
The Licensed Electrician plans layout installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Also repairs and maintains machinery and equipment by performing specific duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit; connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels
- Plans, designs and performs new equipment installations; repairs faulty equipment or systems
- Knowledge of motor theory and VFD controls and possesses ability to troubleshoot complete drive systems
- Cuts and welds steel structural members
- Calculation and selection of conduit and wire sizes for equipment supply installations
- Complete PM work orders of equipment to manufacturer’s recommendations or PM guide and provide feedback on activities and changes to improve the service of equipment
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Required to have basic understanding of OHSA regulations on machine safety devices and guarding. Also may be required to modify equipment to meet PreStart to Health and Safety requirements
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Repair/replace defective parts; lubricate/inspect/clean machine parts as per machinery PM procedures
- Layout of occasional fabrication of various materials; may include Mig/Tig, Arc welding
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components
- Diagnosis and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment
- Understand and practice safe working procedures. Use personal protective equipment with lockout/isolation procedures as required. Understand the specific environmental aspects and impacts of maintenance duties and work towards reducing them
- Understand and interpret schematic drawings and symbols, as well as manufacturers’ manuals and specifications and logic diagrams for pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Understand PLC programming and interpreting ladder logic for troubleshooting, revisions or new equipment installations. Ability to upload/download programs and troubleshoot PLC hardware using laptop computer
- Use fall arrest and safe work practices at elevated heights using Skyjack or ladders to do installations, servicing or removal of plant equipment
- Understanding of power distribution and protection device ratings and proper installation practices. Also required to be competent in the safe operation, modification, and maintenance of plant power systems
- Comply with Ontario Electrical Safety Code regulations for installations and modifications. Required to log activities and review with Inspection authorities for approvals
- Ability to communicate openly and clearly with fellow team members, read/write/understand specific work instructions and procedures, and practice sharing information with others
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned to meet departmental responsibilities
- Must possess a current Maintenance Industrial Electrician Certificate
- Minimum two years of experience
- Formal manufacturing electrical experience an asset
- Advanced training/understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electronics of PLC’s a preferred asset
- Ability to upload, download programs and troubleshoot PLC hardware using laptop computer
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus