Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Senior Process engineer will lead the engineering department in the development of process control, scheduling, training and communicating process requirements to each America plant. The process engineer will also support, sales, design and tooling with DSR activity at Sourcing, SE and Genzu related to assembly processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve safety, quality, efficiency and cost to meet Vuteq Goals
- Design processes for new business and Improve existing processes
- Participate in the development of new programs following the APQP methodology
- Work with Engineering to develop parts and manufacturing processes simultaneously for easier manufacturing
- Work with Sales to determine automation level of new processes to achieve cost targets
- Develop equipment RFQ’s for Engineering / Maintenance review
- Produce Prototype parts for new programs to determine manufacturability
- Develop Process Flows, Layouts, Standard Work with timing, Yamazumi Charts, Combination Tables to estimate manpower requirements
- Build simulations of new processes to test feasibility
- Develop new and existing work cells to the Vuteq Process Development standard
- Improve safety, quality, efficiency and cost of existing programs
- Develop Standard Work with timing, Yamazumi Charts, etc. to determine manpower requirements
- Calculate Return on Investment proposals, and present to management
- Interact with Production members at all levels to understand existing processes, and to discuss new ideas
- Participate in quoting at Sourcing stage to help sales quote competitive piece prices
- Participate in DSR activity at SE/IVER and Genzu/P Release to help design and tooling develop parts that will help with efficient processes
- Successful completion of a minimum three-year engineering advanced diploma from a college (mechanical engineering considered relevant)
- Experience with CATIA V5, Unigraphics, solid works
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Six sigma.
- MS Office (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some injection molding knowledge and experience is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of plastics & other automotive interior/exterior materials.
- 2-5 years’ experience with engineering product development
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Be willing to travel to other Vuteq locations (USA, Mexico, Japan etc.)
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus