Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
We are currently looking for a Fully Certified Millwright to join our team, working the weekday or weekend shift.The successful candidate, if placed on the weekend shift, will work Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7am - 7pm, totaling 36 hours, but will be paid for 40 hours.
The Licensed Millwright installs, repairs and maintains industrial plant equipment, machinery and facility services by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and practice safe working procedures
- Use personal protective equipment with lockout / isolation procedures as required
- Understand the specific environmental aspects and impacts of maintenance duties and work toward reducing them
- Ability to communicate openly and clearly with fellow team members
- Read or write and understand specific work instruction and procedures. Understand and practice sharing information with others
- Understand and interpret schematic drawings and symbols as well as manufacturers manuals and specifications and logic diagrams for pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Use of hand and power tools to expedite repairs, installation and maintenance of plant equipment
- Use and setup of shop power machinery, lathes, milling machines, saws, drills and grinders
- Able to use precision measuring tools to verify component size to specifications
- Ability to select and identify correct fasteners to install various materials and plant equipment
- Selection of proper machine lubricants and application at the recommended rate and frequency
- Understanding of bearing selection, inspections, lubrication, fitting and replacements
- Selection of proper lifting/hoisting equipment for safe rigging of equipment and planning lifts
- Install belts, chains, pulleys, material handling devices, inspecting , aligning and maintaining
- Install keys, splines, shafting, speed reducers, brakes, couplings, clutches and drive systems
- Maintain compressors, dryers, filters, coolers, separators, receivers, and water pumps
- Preparation of equipment foundations as well as level, align and anchor machinery components
- Layout and fabrication of various materials, including Mig / Tig, Arc welding
- Calculation and selection of piping, tubing size and fittings for compressed air and water
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic valves, actuators, control systems and PLCs
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot hydraulic systems including valves, pumps, filter/strainers, flow control, proportional valves, actuators, servo controls and PLCs
- Complete PM work orders of equipment to manufacturer’s recommendations or PM guide and provide feedback on activities and changes to improve the service of equipment
- Perform other maintenance related duties as assigned to meet departmental responsibilities
- Must possess a valid Maintenance Millwright certificate of qualification (Ontario)
- Minimum two years of practical experience
- Advanced training/understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electronics of PLC’s a preferred asset
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.