Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Industrial Design Technologist Co-op Student will assist with all customer data management and will also provide engineering support to their reporting department, along with all other Vuteq departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Department optimization; assist in conducting time studies to determine the current status of different processes (utilize CAD and Excel), suggest improvements to department managers, support implementing improvements, support during layout changes, monitor and follow up on suggested improvements
- Participate in Value Added/Value Engineered meetings (communication meetings), determine parts that could be improved, suggest improvements to leadership for implementation
- Assist in the design of 2D and 3D models for internal and external use
- Involved in the analysis of technical data (drawings, data, sketch, etc.)
- Provides insight into manufacturability of products based on drawing or design
- Support with the creation and maintenance of engineering change documentation and communication (change summaries, Docova, ECI logs, EWO, part number tracking)
- Support drawing and data management control
- Share responsibility of summaries and control of customer colour information
- Completing various process sheets and summaries
- Aids in the development of CAD, design standards, manufacturing best practices etc.
- Assist in updating and maintaining plant layouts using AutoCAD
- Investigate/benchmark competitive products
- Support tooling and equipment cost control
- Pursuing a Mechanical/Electrical or Similar Engineering diploma/degree from a College/University
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this Job