Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Engineering Co-op Student is required to support any/all engineering tasks as assigned. This can include activity with design, tooling, and new projects, as well as any administrative duties that may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support junior and senior design engineers and other engineering team members with general tasks
- Continual training in design softwares (Catia, NX Unigraphics) in preparation of customer awarding design-responsible business to company
- Liaison to Vuteq manufacturing facilities and customer design/engineering departments
- Provides insight into manufacturability of products based on drawing or design
- Lead and or participate in the creation of the DFMEA and incorporate necessary actions into design
- Attend project meetings
- Manage both internal and customer open issues list for product design issues, support issue resolution to the customer timeline
- Support development projects through: creation of CAD designs, finite element analysis, 3D printing, testing of products, creation of slideshows, and presenting the findings to senior managers
- Aid in activity relating to prototyping which includes understanding and running equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Support maintenance documentation such as engineering drawings and bill of materials for customer projects
- Assist with benchmarking competitor parts and assemblies through reverse engineering by purchase, disassembly, and analysis of competitor products
- In pursuit of a 2-4 year post-secondary program; both mechanical and design engineering considered relevant
- 1 – 2 years of experience using CAD design software’s (Catia, NX Unigraphics)
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail when producing CAD drawings
- High level of attentiveness to analytical details and abilities when creating a drawing
- Sense of creativity when working on cost/mass reducing development projects
- Actively listening to team members when developing designs, and while going through training exercises with the senior design engineer
- Time management skills in order to complete tasks by the required deadlines
- Organizational skills; ability to manage tasks efficiently while working on several different projects
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.