Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The IT – Junior Software Developer creates custom applications as requested by Vuteq to assist with the improvement of daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing custom applications; programming, database mapping, data collection
- Translate end user requirements into working solutions
- Maintaining customer applications; adding functionality/capabilities and debugging application errors
- Ticket handling; Secondary response ticket intake (Phone/email), ensure ticket documentation is maintained, and responses are completed in a timely manner
- Secondary Help desk support; physical PC/desk phone/cellphone/printer support, such as configuring laptops, desktops, network password resets, user-based application support, installing applications, deploying replacement components and peripherals, and configuring mobile devices and tablets
- Miscellaneous Server administration as skill set allows, including but not limited to, email administration, AS/400 system support, file server and print server maintenance, active directory management, switch configuration, and supporting backup solutions
- Perform “On-Call” support as part of a rotational support structure providing support to all critical production IT solutions 24/7 during assigned “On-Call” periods, following the escalation process when necessary. Monitoring Vuteq servers and IT solutions, ensuring they are running properly
- Successful completion of a 2-3 year College or University Program, or have equivalent experience
- Training or Experience coding in Python, C#, VB.NET
- Administrative Skills for Linux and Windows Server Based Environments is considered an asset
- Networking experience is considered an asset
- Help desk experience (Troubleshooting PC / Printer / Network issues) is considered an asset
- Experience in the automotive industry would be considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Actively listening to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise due to software/hardware failures; listen to needs of the team member and develop solutions to the issues
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving; develop solutions to a variety of issues
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with team members to derive problems and determine needs
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from team members when software failure happens
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation when developing software systems
- Sense of creativity when developing new software to deal with multiple types of issues from team members
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and working in high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job