Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Production Coordinator must maintain the department’s goals and objectives, and ensure that all points are being met, and if they aren’t, what can be changed to ensure they are met, as well as ensuring their department is following FMDS procedures. Team member will attend FMDS meetings, prepare for department briefings, and maintain Docova and manpower requirements. Schedule machine/part production, determine when parts need to be made and what machines need to be used. The team member will also encourage and help develop the department leadership, as well as dealing with all team member issues that may arise within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety; ensure safe environment for responsible departments by conducting audits
- Follow up with leadership regarding accident and incident reports, investigating and ensuring countermeasures are put into place
- Quality; responsible for following up with PFS items, reviewing previous quality issues, root cause analysis and countermeasures, 5P, support crisis situations, open VCRs (work to close and complete)
- Productivity; maintain efficiency (root cause analysis, fix costs), monitors costs and make sure department is meeting the required key point indicators
- Team member development; working with leadership to develop an expanded skill set, department training (level up), and completing team member audits
- Leadership; guiding leaders, supporting team member meetings, and any related contingency planning activity
- Team member concerns; follow up with issues, solve interpersonal conflict
- Report out production; report out on the previous days safety, man power efficiency, scrap, quality, and cost in the daily production meetings, communicate with afternoon and midnight leadership to ensure previous night’s reports are correct
- Administrative duties; meetings, time and attendance, lead recruiting/termination/promotion/discipline processes
- Meetings; attend either scheduled or spontaneous meetings, morning production meeting, quality meetings, FMDS, Engineering and product launch meetings
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Completion of a 1-2 year Industrial Management certificate
- Completion of Leadership/Management certificate
- College diploma in Engineering/Manufacturing Technology would be an asset
- 5 years of automotive manufacturing experience
- 5 years of supervisory/management experience
- General manufacturing experience (Lead time, material handling, scheduling)
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to schedule production based on capacity and production requirements
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team member issues
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job