Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The IT Coordinator – Network/Server Engineer has the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the network, servers and any telecommunications equipment present within Vuteq Canada. Will also support with any Helpdesk issues and provide support for other team members if required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ticket handling; first response ticket intake (phone/email), internal contact to IT department, ensure ticket documentation is maintained, and responses are completed in a timely manner
- Act as internal contact to IT department, ensuring that tickets are created for all incoming support requests taken over the phone or received by email
- Help desk support; physical PC/desk phone/cell phone/printer support, such as configuring laptops, desktops, network password resets, user-based application support, installing applications, deploying replacement components and peripherals, and configuring mobile devices and tablets
- System patching; manage the application and operating system updates for all end user devices within the organization deploying patches using Manage Engine, following the standard deployment schedule
- Miscellaneous server administration as skillset allows, including but not limited to, email administration, AS400 system support, file server and print server maintenance, switch configuration, and supporting backup solutions
- Document various processes such as network changes when working with other IT members, tracking of IT assets when deployed or replaced
- Perform “on-call” support as part of a rotational support structure providing support to all critical production IT solutions 24/7 during assigned “on-call” periods, following the escalation process when necessary
- Support, design and maintain active network
- AS400 support as required
- Research and recommend hardware/software acquisitions
- Oversee any production/layout changes which will require changes that may need to be made administratively within the AS400
- Work with external service providers and customers (GM/Toyota)
- Respond to user inquiries concerning production system operations (AS400)
- Successful completion of a 2-3 year diploma at a college in an IT-related field
- 2+ years of experience in IT Helpdesk/Desktop support
- 2+ years of experience in Network/Server support
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing, automotive considered a definite asset
Skills and Abilities
- Actively listening to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise due to software/hardware failures; listen to needs of the team members and develop solutions to issues.
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving; develop solutions to a variety of issues
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with team members to derive problems and determine needs
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from team members when software failure happens
- Ability to effectively work within a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation when developing software systems
- Sense of creativity when developing new software to deal with multiple types of issues from team members
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this Job