Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
We are currently looking for a Millwright Apprentice, or a Fully Certified Millwright to join our team, working the weekend shift.The successful candidate will work Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7am - 7pm, totalling 36 hours, but will be paid for 40 hours.
The Millwright Apprentice will support licensed millwrights with installation, repairs and maintaining industrial plant equipment, machinery and facility services by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and practice safe working procedures
- Use personal protective equipment with lockout / isolation procedures as required
- Understand the specific environmental aspects/impacts of maintenance duties and work toward reducing them
- Ability to communicate openly and clearly with fellow team members
- Read/write/understand specific work instruction and procedures; understand/practice sharing information
- Understand and interpret schematic drawings and symbols as well as manufacturers manuals and specifications and logic diagrams for pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Use of hand and power tools to expedite repairs, installation and maintenance of plant equipment
- Use and setup of shop power machinery, lathes, milling machines, saws, drills and grinders
- Able to use precision measuring tools to verify component size to specifications
- Ability to select and identify correct fasteners to install various materials and plant equipment
- Selection of proper machine lubricants and application at the recommended rate and frequency
- Understanding of bearing selection, inspections, lubrication, fitting and replacements
- Selection of proper lifting/hoisting equipment for safe rigging of equipment and planning lifts
- Install belts, chains, pulleys, material handling devices, inspecting, aligning and maintaining
- Install keys, splines, shafting, speed reducers, brakes, couplings, clutches and drive systems
- Maintain compressors, dryers, filters, coolers, separators, receivers, and water pumps
- Preparation of equipment foundations as well as level, align and anchor machinery components
- Layout and fabrication of various materials, including Mig / Tig, Arc welding
- Calculation and selection of piping, tubing size and fittings for compressed air and water
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic valves, actuators, control systems and PLCs
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot hydraulic systems including valves, pumps, filter/strainers, flow control, proportional valves, actuators, servo controls and PLCs
- Complete PM work orders of equipment to manufacturer’s recommendations or PM guide and provide feedback on activities and changes to improve the service of equipment
- Perform other maintenance related duties as assigned to meet departmental responsibilities
- Must be a registered apprentice through the MTCU and be a member of the Ontario College of Trades
- One year’s experience
- Advanced training and understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity or PLCs, would be a preferred asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus