Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The QMS/EMS Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Vuteq’s quality and environmental processes and management systems are compliant to ISO standards, certifications, regulations, and legislations, and ensuring that all certificates are maintained at all times without sanctions. The team member must also focus on maintaining environmental sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- QMS/EMS Coordinator; manage all phases of Quality and Environmental Management Systems audit programs to ensure that the company’s processes are compliant to ISO standards, certifications, regulations and legislations
- Coordinate third party audits (registrars) from initial audit planning and scheduling to the performance of the audit and ensure effectiveness of implemented certifications, regulations, and legislations
- Internal audits; plan, schedule, conduct, review, and document internal audits – working with a team of 40 auditors performing required audits
- Periodically report to senior management on internal audits results and follow up on corrective actions to ensure compliance and effective implementation
- Environmental coordinator; maintain applicable annual regulatory environmental records
- Work with environmental consultant, collect data and submit annual reports to the Ministry of Environment
- Maintain environmental key point indicators (KPIs); put programs and projects in place to ensure that we meet the environmental management system requirements
- Revision and creation of policies
- It may also be required for the team member to periodically collect data, analyze and evaluate KPI’s, to provide solutions for improvements in affected areas and work on implementation of various programs to reduce operational cost while reducing Vuteq’s carbon footprint
- As needed, customer specific requirements may need to be reviewed and changes to Vuteq’s internal management system may need to be updated
- Evaluate needs and organize any TS16949 and ISO14001 related core tools, and training
- Successful completion of a 2-3 year diploma/degree program from a university/college in engineering
- ISO/TS16949/IATF16949 Lead Auditor Certificate
- ISO14001 Lead Auditor Certificate
- 3 - 5 years of Quality Assurance/ISO standards experience
- Automotive experience is an asset
- Auditing experience is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team member issues
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks (Strategic Thinker)
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once (Strategic Planner)
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus