Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Human Resources Co-op Student provides support in all necessary areas of the human resources department. This can include performing administrative functions, supporting payroll and benefits, assisting with recruitment-associated tasks, aiding team member engagement activities, and working with health and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support with uniform distribution
- Following up with leadership if required for time and attendance/payroll purposes
- Fielding general inquiries from team members and directing questions to appropriate human resources team member
- Assist with orientations (agency/student/contract/permanent)
- Help with team member engagement activity; taking direction, ensuring human resources boards are up-to-date with appropriate information
- Support with full-cycle recruitment; conduct phone and face-to-face interviews, ensure reference checks are completed, and maintain up-to-date team member employment contracts
- Assist with job posting protocol; take direction from Senior Human Resources Specialist when determining which jobs to post and where, ensuring that posting has been communicated to team members
- Schedule internal interviews, confirming that all parties involved are available and proper resources are prepared (booking location, organizing questions and score sheets, etc.)
- Support Human Resources Manager with any assigned special projects
- Assist with any/all necessary administrative duties
- Pursuing college diploma/university degree
- In process of obtaining Human Resources Management designation
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply through your institution’s co-op program