Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Maintenance Tech Co-Op Student is required to support with any/all maintenance engineering tasks as assigned. This can include assisting with the purchasing and set up of secondary equipment, administrative support, improving equipment standards and other tasks as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the monitoring of project timeline and tasks to ensure projects are kept on track
- Assist department team members with machine troubleshooting and continuous improvement procedures
- When needed, support suppliers and department team members on machine setup and improvement
- Assist team with RFQ process
- Support methods of achieving new equipment standards
- Ensure all safety devices in the area are in place, activated and are in proper working order, assist with updating and maintaining safety devices as needed
- Ensure compliance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Support with PLC programming; maintain and improve all PLC controlled sensors and equipment at Vuteq
- Support with robotics and vision; programming robots and vision systems, troubleshooting any issues to increase efficiency
- Help support department team members in implementing and maintaining 5S procedures throughout the facility
- Provide support with any administrative duties that may be required
- Pursuing college diploma in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply through your institution’s co-op program