Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Purchasing Co-op Student provides support in all necessary areas of the purchasing department. This can include performing administrative functions, and supporting all purchasing team members with various tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in creating, editing, and assigning purchase orders in accordance with our company policy
- Support the purchase of plant MRO items
- Support the follow up of back orders, expedites and missing shipments
- Assist in tracking of company goals and objectives
- Support with maintaining and reducing costs of materials and services for production and the plant
- Assist in supplier development and address commercial issues with suppliers
- Assist in maintaining vendor files, purchase price, and price fluctuations on purchased items
- Support projects, and reports to contribute to various studies as required
- Research current supply base for avenues of cost savings or value added activities
- Pursuing college diploma/university degree in Supply Chain Management
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply through your institution’s co-op program