Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Production Supervisor Co-Op student would be involved in maintaining the department’s goals and objectives and ensure that all of the criteria is being met. The Production Supervisor Co-Op student will assist in managing the performance of production team members and leadership. The team member will also encourage and help develop the department leadership, as well as dealing with all team member issues that may arise within the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safety; ensuring a safe environment by conducting audits
- Following up with leadership regarding accident and incident reports, investigating and implementation of countermeasures
- Quality; assist in the investigation and root cause analysis of Quality issues
- Productivity; maintaining efficiency, part production, monitoring costs, and manpower requirements
- Team member development; working with leadership to develop an expanded skill set, department training and completing team member audits\
- Team member concerns; assist with the follow up with issues, solve interpersonal conflict\
- Administrative duties; meetings, time and attendance, assist with interviewing process, tracking and record keeping
- Meetings; attend either scheduled or spontaneous meetings, morning production meeting, quality meetings, FMDS, Engineering and product launch meetings
- Pursuing a college diploma/university degree in Business- focus on Operation Management
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to schedule production based on capacity and production requirements
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through your institution’s co-op program