Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Production Control Co-op Student will compile information, analytics and records to monitor inventory levels and forecast requirements to suppliers. In addition to supporting the team with the below mentioned responsibilities, the student will be given an independent project, where they will have the ability to showcase their skills and abilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and analyze inventory using electronic Kanban systems and MRP calculations, determining and investigating discrepancies
- Responsible for managing and tracking build-out and obsolete inventory
- Reviewing work and shipment progress on a regular basis and produce efficiency reports
- Arrange import and export of shipments by various multimodal transports (Air, Ocean, Road and Rail) from various domestic, North American and overseas sources
- Identify, analyze, and manage potential and actual issues and risks, take corrective active and identify for future preventative measures
- Assess and manage parts and other commodity inventory levels in the warehouse to ensure continuity of supply both internally and externally
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships and liaise with internal and external customers, carriers and suppliers to manage inbound and outbound shipments
- Work collaboratively with the team to improve internal processes and procedures
- Communicate with all levels of the organization, and responsible for escalating concerns when necessary
- Reconcile physical counts with electronic records
- Report out daily discrepancies and potential supply concerns to the management team
- Coordinate with the Material Planning team to complete other various tasks and duties
- Currently enrolled Business Management program
Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to apply analytics to a supply chain environment and the ability complete tasks through to fruition
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, as well as an aptitude to learn new systems is essential. Advanced MS Excel and/or Access skills would be an asset\
- Ability to speak effectively to large groups of customers, management, and senior team
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through your institution’s co-op program