Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Process Engineering Co-op Student will assist with all customer data management and will also provide engineering support to their reporting department, along with all other Vuteq departments. In addition to supporting the team with the below mentioned responsibilities, the student will be given an independent project, where they will have the ability to showcase their skills and abilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Department optimization; assist in conducting time studies to determine the current status of different processes (utilize CAD and Excel), suggest improvements to department managers, support implementing improvements, support during layout changes, monitor and follow up on suggested improvements
- Participate in Value Added/Value Engineered meetings (communication meetings), determine parts that could be improved, suggest improvements to leadership for implementation
- Assist in the design of 2D and 3D models for internal and external use
- Involved in the analysis of technical data (drawings, data, sketch, etc.)
- Provides insight into manufacturability of products based on drawing or design
- Support with the creation and maintenance of engineering change documentation and communication (change summaries, Docova, ECI logs, EWO, part number tracking)
- Support drawing and data management control
- Share responsibility of summaries and control of customer colour information
- Completing various process sheets and summaries
- Aids in the development of CAD, design standards, manufacturing best practices etc.
- Assist in updating and maintaining plant layouts using AutoCAD
- Investigate/benchmark competitive products
- Support tooling and equipment cost control
- Pursuing a Mechanical/Electrical or Similar Engineering diploma/degree from a College/University
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team member issues
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through your institution’s co-op program