Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The IT Service Desk Co-op Student will support low level help desk tickets and phone support. The student will gain valuable knowledge and experiences that will help prepare them for a career in the IT field, in a manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help desk support; physical PC/desk phone/cellphone/printer support, such as configuring laptops, desktops, network password resets, basic user application support, installing applications, deploying replacement components and peripherals.
- Ticket handling; First response ticket intake, internal contact to IT department, ensure ticket documentation is maintained.
- Phone support intake; first response phone intake, internal contact to IT department, ensure that tickets are created for all incoming support requests taken over the phone.
- Documentation; documentation of various processes such as network changes when working with other IT members, tracking of IT assets when deployed or replaced
- Must have grade 12 diploma
- Currently enrolled in an IT Networking program at a College/University
- Basic troubleshooting experience
Skills and Abilities
- Actively listening to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise due to software/hardware failures; listen to needs of the team member and develop solutions to the issues
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving; develop solutions to a variety of issues
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with team members to derive problems and determine needs
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from team members when software/hardware failures occur
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation when developing software systems
- Sense of creativity when developing solutions to deal with multiple types of issues from team members
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through your institution’s co-op program